36"W x 80"H Door constructed in accordance with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) recommended design specifications. The design is based on extensive research of the causes and effects of windstorm damage to buildings and should provide a high degree of occupant protection during extreme windstorms (tornadoes and hurricanes). A Securall® StormSafe® Door is a critical element when designing a safe room for protection against severe storms.
Strong tornadoes have resulted in loss of the floor framing, collapse of basement walls and death and injuries to individuals in the basement. By having a safe room in your home, you can protect your family and save the lives of those you care about.
For more information on safe room designs and construction, please Click Here
- 12 Gauge Galvannealed Steel Door and Frame.
- Rigid Polyurethane Foam Core.
- (2) 12 Gauge Vertical Steel Stiffeners Inside Door Panel.
- Perimeter of Door Panel Reinforced with 12 Gauge Steel Channel.
- (13) Steel Pipe Anchors. 5 in each Frame Jamb and 3 in Frame Head. Wood or Masonry Screws Included.
- Door and Frame Finished in Light Gray Epoxy Urethane Primer.
- (3) Grade 1 Deadbolts with 1" Throw. Keyed Alike.
- (3) 7-Gauge Lock and Strike Reinforcements at each Deadbolt Location.
- Knob Style Locking Handle. Keyed Like Deadbolts.
- (4) Heavy Duty Ball Bearing Hinges.
- Perimeter of Door Sealed with Screw-On Type Weatherseal.