The popularity of Flat Head Cap Screws grows because of its positive, hex-socket wrenching feature, use of heat-treated alloy steel and precision Class 3 fit threads.
Holo-Krome offers Flat Head Screws in 95 standard sizes. These heavy-duty screws are especially well suited to fastening thin plates, strips, moldings, and sheet metal parts where the advantages of maximum head contact, flush surfaces and nonslip wrenching action are combined. Allen/Hex Keys are used to drive the screw.Applications:
- Ideal for thin sections where heads cannot protrude.
- Fastening where maximum flush and sidewall contact is required
- Roller threader, headers, overhead rails for chain hoist
- Non-Slip Driving: With the close-fitting, internally engaging hex key, power is transmitted for extra firm setups without loss through side play, reaming or slipping. Costly slips of the driving tool are avoided, along with possible damage both to the work and the screw.
- Accurately Formed Heads: Screws have the standard 82 degree angle under the head. Sockets are accurately centered in the screw head and are formed with clean edges without burrs. No ragged chips are in the socket bottom to prevent the full leverage of the hex key from being used.
- Class 3 Fit Threads: The smooth, burnished threads are unsurpassed for accurancy and uniformity. Close frictional contact between screw threads and threads of tapped hole is of paramount importance. The harder the screw is turned down with the sure-gripping key, the greater becomes the friction which is holding power.
- No Burred Slots: Hex-socket Flat Head Cap Screws are ideal for countersinking with complete closed head contact all around. No slivered or damaged slots caused by driving tool skids. An even surface is always assured.