TrafFix Devices Sentry™ Water Cable Barrier, Orange, 45043-O
The Sentry Water Cable Barrier is an NCHRP 350 TL-3 certified work zone crash barrier that can be used as an alternative to cumbersome concrete barriers in a construction work zone. With eleven (11) interlocking knuckles on each end multiple Sentry's can be linked together with a 1 ⅛" (30 mm) diameter galvanized hollow steel T-Pin with a steel keeper pin at the bottom of each T-Pin. Molded into each Sentry are four (4) ⅜" (9.5 mm) diameter stranded steel cables, that are galvanized for excellent corrosion resistance. The cables prevent the impacting vehicle from penetrating the barrier wall and into the work zone or on-coming traffic. Tested, passed TL2 & TLS crash rating. The 4 internal cables prevent the impacting vehicle from penetrating the barrier wall.Features
- The Sentry Water-Cable Barrier Wall has been tested and accepted for all TL-2 & TL-3 light weight 1,807 lbs (820 kg) and heavy 4,409 lbs (2,000 kg) vehicle impacts at 45 mph (70 kph) and 62.5 mph (100 kph) impacts.
- Sentry Water-Cable Barrier weighs 160 lbs (73 kg) empty and 2,000 lbs (907 kg) completely full with 220 gal (832 l ) of water.
- Sentry is 72 in (183 cm) long, 43 in (109 cm) tall and 22 in (57 cm) wide.
- Four integrally molded corrosion resistant steel cables prevent the impacting vehicle from breaching the Sentry Water-Cable Barrier.
- The integrally molded steel cable and bushings allow for the creation of a free standing, continuous longitudinal water-cable barrier.
- Stacking lugs on the top and bottom of the Sentry make storage and transport a breeze.
- Fork lift through holes and pallet jack slots make movement and placement of Sentry quick and easy.
- Interlocking knuckle design allows for positive connection between Sentry barriers while still maintaining up to a 15 degree rotation between sections.
- 8 inch (20.32 cm) diameter fill hole allows for quick filling.
- Tamper resistant drain plug with course buttress thread screws in or out in only 1.5 turns.
- Sentry's interlocking knuckles on each end positively link sections together with a galvanized steel T-pin.